Working alongside the Head of Corporate Partnerships, the post holder will be responsible for driving growth to the organisation through approaching and securing new corporate partners who will champion the rights of people from a refugee background and increase their access to bespoke training and employment opportunities.
At Breaking Barriers, we put corporate partners at the heart of our mission to help refugees find meaningful employment, and we already have a number of successful partnerships with businesses including IKEA, Gucci, Bank of America and Grant Thornton. The key focus of this role will be to find and secure new companies to add to this portfolio.
The role will also be responsible for helping Breaking Barriers launch its next strategic corporate aim, the launch of a Refugee Integration and Business Network (RIBN). This network will be formed of members from the private sector and business world, each committed to supporting the successful integration of people from a refugee background.
- To demonstrate the value to private sector organisations of supporting refugees and partnering with Breaking Barriers.
- To launch and run the Refugee Integration Business Network, a new venture that will engage with existing and new corporate partners.
- To identify and secure new strategic, long-term corporate partnerships that align with Breaking Barriers’ organisational objectives. These partnerships will be programme-led, as well as income generating, ensuring their long-term sustainability.
Founded in 2015, Breaking Barriers is a fast-paced, start-up charity with a mission to help refugees in London gain the knowledge, confidence and experience to secure stable and fulfilling employment in their new home.
We offer effective and flexible employment support in direct partnership with businesses that help refugees secure work, progress into better jobs, and successfully integrate into UK society. We have a unique approach, working with corporate partners to help refugees develop careers that match their skills, experience and aspirations.
Since Breaking Barriers’ inception we have grown to support in excess of 500 refugees per year and have ambitious plans to expand this as part of our strategic plan. We concentrate on getting things done in a flexible environment where everyone is encouraged to take ownership and contribute.
We are a team of around 30 staff supported by several hundred volunteers, who are all driven and committed to helping London’s refugee community. We are looking for similarly driven and ambitious individuals keen to join an enterprising organisation where they can benefit from the opportunity to innovate and shape the direction of the charity. Colleagues who thrive are passionate, driven and have the confidence to work autonomously while remaining team players and sharing credit with all involved.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes our values:
- Mission-led: our clients come before everything else.
- Welcoming: we want all people to feel happy, comfortable and secure with us.
- Collaborative: we are supportive and considerate, curiously exploring other viewpoints to find solutions.
- Enterprising: we are discerningly bold, entrepreneurial and have the courage to give things a go.
The recruitment process
We will be actively interviewing candidates as and when we receive suitable applications, so please do not wait until the deadline to submit an application. Please note that applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, in light of the Covid-19 outbreak, all Breaking Barriers staff are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Breaking Barriers particularly welcomes applicants with experience of migration and/or a refugee background.