Fantastic opportunity to lead on a new trusts strategy as a senior manager, in an ambitious organisation that continues to grow!
Breaking Barriers are an award-winning organisation committed to empowering people from refugee backgrounds to secure fulfilling and stable employment in the UK.
After a year of impressive growth, they are now looking for an additional Senior Philanthropy Manager with a focus on trusts and foundations to expand the reach of their current work and fund new initiatives in line with their long-term vision.
The Senior Philanthropy Manager will manage and steward a portfolio of charitable trusts and foundations to secure annual and multi-year gifts. As well as managing relationships and uplifting income from existing donors, there will be a focus on creating new relationships through proactive prospecting, developing a long-term strategic approach to trusts fundraising.
You will also lead on approaches to corporate foundations in collaboration with the corporate team, and line-manage a Philanthropy Manager.
- Work closely with the Head of Philanthropy on the development and implementation of the philanthropy strategy, leading on development of a long-term trusts fundraising strategy
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects, developing tailored solicitation and stewardship plans for each donor
- Directly solicit grants, working closely with colleagues in the programmes, finance and data teams to develop proposals and engagement opportunities
- Work closely with the corporate fundraising team to develop a strategic and collaborative approach to fundraising from corporate foundations
- Build cross-organisational relationships to facilitate fundraising and strengthen understanding of philanthropy, including with senior stakeholders
- Line management of a Philanthropy Manager
- Manage and continually develop a pipeline of existing and new prospects
- Write compelling proposals, reports, and correspondence in support of strategic priorities
- Attend meetings and events as a senior representative of Breaking Barriers
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all activity and relationships on the CRM database
- Regularly update and report on philanthropy income pipeline and budget in line with progress to ensure the value and timing of planned income to the organisation is accurate
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in the refugee or migration sectors
- Experience of soliciting 5 and 6-figure gifts from trusts and foundations, statutory bodies or corporate foundations, including multi-year funding
- Experience of developing and implementing high value fundraising strategy (desirable)
- Additional experience or knowledge of corporate partnerships fundraising (desirable)
- Excellent track record of relationship management, including cultivation and stewardship of donors
- Experience of effective cross-team working with the ability to interact confidently and with diplomacy, both internally and externally
- The ability to process complex information and relay this to a variety of audiences both verbally and in written communication
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of GDPR and other fundraising regulations in relation to high value fundraising
In line with Covid-19 regulations, the Breaking Barriers team are working remotely for the foreseeable future.
The deadline for application is the Wednesday 3 February, and will require a CV and covering letter in Word format.
Interviews will take place remotely w/c 8 February, followed by a final round w/c 15 February.
To apply for this role, please click Apply with Charityjob to submit your CV to Kayleigh McCallion at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.