Brentford FC Community Sports Trust (BFCCST) is looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join the NCS team and support development of our new NCS Programme, ensuring it becomes a key core component of our local offer for young people. The successful candidate will have drive & determination with the ability to engage, communicate and persuade young people in the 15-17 age group to join the NCS adventure.
Purpose of the Role:
NCS Project Officer will support the NCS team with the delivery of a high quality NCS programme ensuring it meets the requirements and delivery schedule as set out by the NCS Trust and partners. The NCS Project Officer will be responsible for providing initial contact with all potential NCS participants in schools/colleges. They will deliver engaging activities to promote the NCS Programme and achieve maximum sign ups across BFCCST’s specific delivery areas of London Borough of Hounslow, Ealing and Richmond.
1. To promote NCS in schools, colleges and other settings across Hounslow, Ealing and Richmond as agreed in the organisational recruitment plan.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with schools, colleges, local authorities and other key stakeholders to promote the NCS opportunity.
3. Provide initial contact with all potential NCS participants.
4. Deliver presentations and other agreed recruitment events (e.g. assemblies, PSHE lessons) to all allocated secondary schools, non-mainstream schools, colleges, and other organisations that engage the 15-17 age group.
5. Follow agreed processes for all delivery utilising all key NCS assets and materials.
6. Collect and process key documentation (including EOIs) from all recruitment events accurately and in line with contract targets.
7. Support NCS team to engage and encourage young people who have expressed an interest in the NCS programme to convert expression of interest to full sign up.
8. Support NCS team to identify and engage with key contacts in schools/colleges who are in the position to arrange NCS recruitment events.
9. Liaise with school/college key contacts to ensure an academic year-round suite of NCS recruitment and engagement events are agreed in 100% of mainstream schools.
10. Support NCS team with parent engagement
11. To achieve weekly and monthly recruitment targets as set out by NCS Manager.
12. To report key information to NCS Manager following each recruitment event, including volume of EOIs generated, audience size, conversion rates and recruitment volumes.
13. Monitor volume of sign ups generated at each event and adjust recruitment plans accordingly to maximise participation in the NCS programme.
14. Support delivery of keep warm activities and events.
15. Attend regular team and organisation meetings reporting areas for improvement.
16. Embed the NCS Programme Quality Framework into all recruitment and engagement activities.
17. To act as Assistant Wave Leader during delivery of NCS programmes, adhering to Assistant Wave Leader roles and responsibilities at all times – leading cohorts of young people through every phase of the Summer & Autumn programme.
18. Support all Social Action Project activity and assist with maintaining relationships with local voluntary organisations.
19. To understand and comply with the safeguarding of the young people and staff participating and working on the programme in line with Trust & contractual responsibilities.
20. Work alongside other BFCCST staff and departments to maximise NCS recruitment opportunities.
21. Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by NCS Manager or Education Manager
Skills & Competencies:
(E) - Essential (D) - Desirable
Education / Experience
1. Experience of delivering presentations to large audiences (E)
2. Excellent presentation and communication skills with ability to influence, persuade and listen to others effectively(E)
3. Experience of successful delivery of youth engagement programmes (E)
4. working with young people (particularly 15-17year olds) and an understanding of the current challenges they face. (E)
5. Sales Experience within targeted environment and proven track record as a top performer (D)
6. NCS Programme delivery experience (D)
7. Safeguarding Training and First Aid (E) – will need to be completed before contract start date
8. Proven project experience with ability to provide clear instructions for colleagues and young people (E).
9. A proven track record of managing relationships and the ability to communicate with people at different levels (E)
10. Proven leadership skills, with ability to give clear instructions to achieve the required standards (D)
11. Practical experience of managing information operating systems and the ability to interrogate data from a CRM system (D) 12. Experience of effectively dealing with serious incidents and managing safeguarding. (D)
13. Commitment to supporting young people and the principles of equality and diversity (E)
14. Experience and/or knowledge of working in Secondary schools/higher education sector (D)
Knowledge / Skills
1. Ability to relate well to young people from a wide range of backgrounds, engage them in activities which support their development and relate sensitively and confidentially to the needs of young people, parents and their families. (E)
2. Knowledge and understanding of the NCS Programme both regionally and nationally (E)
3. Experience of working with young people in a residential, education and/or outdoor setting (E)
4. An understanding of Safeguarding and Health & Safety in a School/Youth Work setting (E)
5. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system which manages people and project information (D)
6. A proven ability to work to under pressure to tight deadlines. (E)
7. A commitment to supporting young people, and the principles of equality and diversity. (E)
8. Creative, self-motivated and the ability to work on own initiative to tight timeframes. (E)
9. Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills. (E)
10. Proven planning and organisation skills. (E)
11. IT literate with particular emphasis on Microsoft and Google packages. (D)
We are an inclusive and diverse employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, age, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK.
The appointment will be full time and is available upon the receipt of two acceptable references and the submission of an enhanced Criminal Records Check to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The appointment will be confirmed upon receipt of the DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.