Bridges Self-Management seeks an experienced Operational Manager to join our vibrant team at an exciting time of consolidation and growth. The postholder will play a pivotal role to lead and support the process of change. Working closely with the CEO, they will take the lead on all our operations and support implementation of our company strategy, business generation and governance functions.
Bridges is a unique social enterprise linked closely with its partners in Higher Education and the NHS. We deliver training and consultancy to the healthcare sector to make person-centred self-management support a reality by enabling teams to think and work differently. People work for us because they share our vision and want to join a forward-thinking and innovative organisation. You would engage with stakeholders from all areas of health and social care and work alongside experienced clinicians as well as people with experience of multiple and diverse long-term conditions. Expect each week to be different with constant new challenges and issues to navigate. We value all our team members for their unique contribution to our vision.
You will be motivated and informed about the health and social care sector and have a genuine commitment to communicating our vision and helping people with acute and long-term conditions live the best life possible. You will take responsibility for managing our London office and satellite base in Northern Ireland. You will be a strategic thinker and planner, with strong finance skills, an eye for quality and detail, and the ability to deliver on complex projects. You will be practical and focused, willing to do what it takes to get a job done.
- Work with CEO, Board and Bridges team to develop and implement the strategic plan and business development
- Lead and Line manage key staff including Learning and Development lead, Innovation and Co-production lead and Engagement officer
- Ensure implementation of the annual business plan, enabling access to resources such as IT and HR that will deliver successful outcomes
- Ensure that the company complies with legal obligations and statutory regulations
- Lead, manage and support team members to develop their skills and practice and deliver a high-quality service to all stakeholders
- Participate fully in Bridges core activities (consultancy, training, innovation, engagement , product development) as and when required
- Support the CEO and Innovation and co-production lead to strengthen Bridges research and development profile and measure the social and economic impact
- Lead on the implementation and roll out of office systems; troubleshooting and supporting issues as they arise.
- Supply accurate and timely financial and impact data to the Board, funders and other stakeholders:
- Manage the key processes for finance, governance, HR, IT and business planning, ensuring the development and maintenance of relevant policies across these areas.
- Work closely with the CEO to meet and monitor income generation targets
Office and Coordination:
- Ensure a good working environment for staff, coordinating the smooth running of the organisation
- Coordinate practical support of annual events, strategy days, and board meetings
- Oversee policies and compliance with HR, employment, confidentiality and data protection regulations
- Oversee and ensure compliance with company secretarial, legal and insurance duties
- Responsibility, with CEO, for resolving any staff or volunteer grievances and disciplinary matters
Educated to graduate level with experience of leading and managing change in health and social care either within public or 3rd sector.
Formal qualifications or appropriate experience to demonstrate a high level of understanding about operational and financial strategy
Excellent communicator, able to convey ideas in an engaging, professional and impactful way to different stakeholders
Leadership and management skills including evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment
The ability to understand what constitutes user, social and financial value and achieve this in the work of your team
Strong organisational and project management skills, able to direct work priorities and lead a diverse team.
Empower staff and facilitate leadership where required.
Broad experience within the full range of business functions and systems, including, human resources, budgeting, business planning, finance, IT and legal
Job Title : Operational manager
Salary £35-£40, 000 depending on experience
Hours- Full –time 37.5 hours per week with 25 days annual leave with Bank Holiday entitlements
Duration: Permanent (subject to probation)
Reporting to: Chief Executive, based in the UK
Application: Applications will only be accepted if submitted on the application form available on website