About the job
We’re looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Head of Fundraising to join our fast growing team and help us make a difference to thousands of young people across the UK.
As the Head of Fundraising, you will lead our major gifts income stream, including developing and implementing long term strategies for sustainable growth. You will also lead our trusts and foundations, and develop projects.
You will be a fierce advocate of Bright Futures UK and our work. You will be a core part of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and embed Bright Future UK’s culture and values, and manage another member of staff as part of your small team
Bright Futures is the UK’s only charity supporting children and young people back into education after long term medical conditions. Our goal is to make sure every child and young person has equal opportunities and access to education regardless of their illness.
We provide tutoring, befriending, mentoring and workshops to children and young people aged 5 to 24 who have an ongoing mental health or physical illness. Everything programme we offer is fun, free and completely tailor made for the young person’s needs - whether it’s becoming more confident, improving grades, creating better support networks or what’s out there after serious illness. From diagnosis to classroom, Bright Futures UK provides support to young people going through illness every step of the way.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial candidate who is willing to hit the ground running and play a major part in developing Bright Futures’ donor base, values and culture. If you’re a natural relationship builder with experience of securing 5 or 6 figure gifts from individuals, trusts and foundations, we would love to hear from you.
- Work directly with the Chief Executive and SMT ensure delivery of long term strategic goals.
- Develop and deliver fundraising plans for Major Donor and Trusts & Grants income streams, including creating and meeting income targets and KPIs.
- Build, manage and maintain a full and consistent pipeline of prospects and ensuring timely progression through each stage from assignment to stewardship.
- Ensure personalised donor journeys, engagement and funding opportunities.
- Arrange visits and other creative opportunities for prospects and donors to experience first-hand, learn more and become excited about Bright Futures UK work.
- Devise and deliver appropriate stewardship activity and oversee a calendar of major donor and cultivation events.
- Be the lead specialist within Bright Futures UK in Major Donor and Trust fundraising and maintain strong knowledge of relevant legislation and good practice. REGISTERED CHARITY NUMBER 1168039
- Maintain and enhance personal knowledge, skills and networks by playing an active role in the appropriate professional bodies within the healthcare and charitable sector, and keeping aware of and being responsive to sector news and developments.
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Charity’s work, priorities and future plans and act as a spokesperson for the Charity when required, including representing at external events as appropriate.
- Support a learning and development culture and promote and embed Bright Futures UK’s charity values.
What you’ll love about us
We’re a fast-growing charity with a small, close knit team of people who are passionate about our cause.
Because we’re a small but fast growing charity, your influence and potential to make change is huge. We’d love to hear your ideas - in your field or outside it - for improvement, culture and values of the organisation.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance, and champion flexible working. If you’d like to work from home full time, work four days a week or manage your work around caring responsibilities, that’s totally fine with us. So long as you can meet donors and meet your KPIs, we trust you to get your work done in a way that suits you.
We want to support you to build your experience and skills. We’re happy to pay for work-related training, or to support you to work around study if you’d like to further your education.
The difference we make to the lives of the people we work with is huge - and you’ll be able to witness that first-hand.
We want to hear from all interested candidates, and to be considered for the position we strongly recommend submitting a detailed covering letter along with your CV, outlining why you're right for the role.
You're one click away ... Apply Now!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.