At Bright Renewables, we pride ourselves on the quality of the work we do and the impact it has on the communities we serve. We have over 70MW of generating capacity under management, specialising in both ground mount and rooftop mounted community-owned solar sites. Our focus is on putting communities first, whilst still building the business case for community owned renewable energy projects in the UK:
- Building community engagement
- Providing best-in class service
- Creating trust through transparency
- Maximising community benefits by keeping costs down
- Supporting the UK’s growing renewable market
We offer an exciting and impactful role across all areas of renewable energy team. Our team is highly collaborative, in and outside the office, working closely together to create impactful, deliverable solutions. Pub lunches, quarterly socials, dog friendly days, sport days out and other events are just part of our work culture. We encourage a flexible working environment; learning and development opportunities for all employees is a critical element of the way we work.
The Portfolio Manager position will hugely accelerate your career in the renewable energy sector. This role makes a fantastic starting point for an individual keen to work long term in renewables.
As a Portfolio Manager, you will specialise in your client’s assets and be their first port of call for all of your clients’ issues. You will also be the relationship manager for third-party contractors and lenders. As a Portfolio Manager, your role will involve thinking strategically to develop long-term plans for your clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for your clients on all queries and issues
- Monitoring and analysing your portfolio of renewable energy sites on behalf of clients
- Managing your client’s third-party contractors, including contract management, performance, and reporting
- Ensuring that your portfolio’s financial matters are dealt with in a timely manner – this may include liaising with external accountants, auditors, and banks
- Coordinating and contributing to the preparation of reports and board papers
- Assisting in the development of financial models and supporting your clients in the development of long-term commercial plans
- Ensuring that Health & Safety requirements are adhered to, which may include opportunities to conduct site visits
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with the HMRC, Companies House, and Ofgem
- Potential involvement with the day-to-day business management of the company, supporting developing policies and processes to ensure the smooth running of operations
- Encouraging and supporting your community group clients in developing social impact strategies
You may also have additional opportunities to attend client board meetings, assist in the interpretation of financial performance and models, and to support business development initiatives and project financing transactions.
This role is intended to develop your skills in all areas of asset management, including the technical, financial and commercial workstreams. The successful applicant will be trained in all areas necessary to meet the varied demands of the role. By the end of this training, you will be comfortable acting independently as the first point of contact for your clients and as the day-to-day manager of renewable energy assets and the companies that own them.
Skills, experience and qualifications
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- High levels of organisation with excellent time management skills,
- Strong writing skills, numeracy and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An excellent level of attention to detail
- Willingness to take the initiative in identifying and engaging with business needs
- Flexibility to work in a fast-moving environment, including the ability to deal with incidents or issues as they arise, often on short timescales
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with a keen interest in renewable energy
While this role is suitable for a recent graduate or an individual looking to move into the renewable sector, ideal candidates may have the following experience and qualifications:
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Client-facing experience in a professional work environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with renewable energy projects or the use of financial models is highly preferable
We would love to hear about your experience, so please get in touch with a CV and covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.