Portfolio Manager, Renewable Energy Assets
London, UK – Flexible Working
£20,000 - £25,000 per annum salary + benefits
This employer requests no contact from agencies
Communities are at the heart of what we do. As the UK’s first community owned asset manager, we help local people take charge of their renewable energy projects by managing them responsibly and with care. Our focus is on putting communities first, whilst still building the business case for community owned renewable energy projects in the UK:
- Building and providing community engagement
- Supporting local access to renewable energy projects
- Growing the UK’s community renewable energy market
Our team is highly collaborative, in and outside the office, working closely together to create impactful, deliverable solutions. Pub lunches, dog friendly days, quarterly socials and other events are just part of our work culture. We are currently working remotely due to the coronavirus pandemic and offer full home office support to the team. We encourage a flexible working environment; learning and development opportunities for all employees is a critical element of the way we work.
We offer an exciting and impactful role across all areas of our business. As a Portfolio Manager, you will have a close relationship with all your clients and specialise in their renewable energy assets. By coordinating with third-party contractors and lenders, you will also be ensuring the technical and financial health of the projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for your clients
- Monitoring and analysing your portfolio of renewable energy sites on behalf of clients
- Managing your client’s third-party contractors, including contract management, performance, and reporting
- Liaising with external accountants, auditors, and lenders on financial matters
- Investigating and implementing ways to reduce costs and increase revenues for your clients
- Encouraging and supporting your community group clients in developing social impact strategies
- Providing company secretariat support to Directors, and attending and presenting at client board meetings
You may also have additional opportunities to attend and present at client Annual General Meetings, assist in the interpretation of financial performance and models, and to support business development initiatives and project financing transactions. You will also have the chance to provide input in Bright Renewables’ responses to government consultations, to attend industry meetings and events and to liaise with a wide variety of organisations across the renewables and community energy sectors.
The successful applicant will be trained in all areas necessary to meet the varied demands of the role. By the end of this training, you will be confident acting independently as the first point of contact for your clients and as the day-to-day manager of renewable energy assets and the companies that own them.
Skills, experience and qualifications
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- High levels of organisation with excellent time management skills
- Numeracy and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to take the initiative in identifying and engaging with business needs
- Flexibility to work in a fast-moving environment, including the ability to deal with incidents or issues as they arise, often on short timescales
- A keen interest in the community energy market
This role is suitable for an individual looking to move into the renewable sector, ideal candidates may have the following experience and qualifications:
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience
- Client-facing experience in a professional work environment
- Knowledge or experience with renewables and community groups
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
We’d love to hear from you! In your covering letter, please let us know:
- What aspects of the role and our company appealed to you most?
- Why do you want to enter/work in the renewables industry with a specific reference to community energy?
- How would your previous employment make you a successful asset manager?
- How could your educational background aid you in this role?
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.