COVID-19 has had a profound impact on the delivery of our services but supported by a committed staff and volunteer team we have mobilised homeworking to continue helping the local LGBTQ community in need by phone, email and digitally during this period. Undoubtedly the landscape for local LGBTQ charities like us has dramatically changed and we are looking for a dynamic and innovative leader who can navigate us through the next steps of our COVID-19 recovery.
Switchboard is celebrating its 45th year this year making us the longest-running LGBTQ organisation in Brighton & Hove. The charity is in a strong position with an effective governance structure in place and a strong vision for the future. Our dedicated staff team deliver an exciting range of LGBTQ projects and services; including our volunteer-run helpline, older people’s project, a health and inclusion project, disabled peoples project, Rainbow Dementia Café, bereavement group, trans and non-binary link social prescribing project and our trans survivors project.
We’re looking for a strong all-rounder who is able to manage both strategy and operations. You will need to be a credible ambassador, a powerful communicator and an inclusive leader who has:
- excellent strategic and business planning skills;
- a track record of attracting funding and strategic partnerships;
- experience of implementing monitoring and evaluation systems;
- skills to lead and develop our services to maximise their impact.
- solutions focused with the ability change and adapt services in line with all circumstances
Help us create a lasting legacy for the LGBTQ communities in Brighton & Hove with this unique and exciting opportunity.