Bristol After Stroke is looking for two group leaders to run 4 weekly groups to support stroke affected people and run one digital group each. The purpose of the groups is to support to support recovery, rebuilding life after stroke and building resilience. BAS is working towards putting our groups back to face to face by January 2022 and the months preceding will be preparation for this, ensuring risk assessment is carried out, ensuring venues are available and appropriate and a programme of activities are thought out and planned for the coming months.
This will be a great opportunity for someone who is a creative thinker, able to work on their own but also as part of a team and someone who is passionate about supporting people on their stroke journey. It will be a rewarding role and you will be part of a committed and long standing team of staff and volunteers. You will be shaping our group work at an exciting time of growth for the charity.
One group leader will be leading our work in South Glos, supporting a general group and our working age group currently based in Fishponds.
One group leader will be leading our Bristol Groups currently one in Bedminster and one in Shirehampton.
The main duties include:
• Organise and facilitate two stroke groups and a digital offer
• Work imaginatively and creatively in leading activities that promote wellbeing and recovery
• Ensure work is based on good practice in the field of peer support and group work with stroke.
• Ensure all sessions are delivered safely and meet health and safety standards
• Keep up to date records of members, volunteers and group finances
• Co-ordinate the work of the group volunteers in all groups.
• Work with the Stroke Co-ordinators to enhance the health and welfare of all group members.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.