Head of Fundraising and Communications
We have an exciting opportunity to join Bristol Animal Rescue Centre as our Head of Fundraising and Communications.
Head of Fundraising and Communications
Location: Bristol Animal Rescue Centre, 48-50 Albert Road, St Philips, Bristol BS2 0XA – some home-working may be possible subject to business requirements
Salary: £45,000 - £49,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours/week – usual hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with consideration for team requirements and occasional evening and weekend working for which TOIL can be agreed
Our mission is to ensure that animals in need within our community receive the compassion, care and respect they deserve. We are committed to helping, healing and homing animals for as long as they need us.
About the role:
You will lead a diverse and dedicated team of staff and volunteers in the essential areas of
fundraising, marketing and communication. We are hugely dependent on harnessing the support of a wide range of generous donors to be able to continue delivering our animal welfare services, so this role is essential to Bristol Animal Rescue Centre being able to meet its long-term strategy and mission.
As such you will:
- Produce and deliver innovative, ambitious, yet achievable Fundraising and Communications strategies
- Prepare and present regular performance reports to the CEO and Trustees, managing engagement with the Board and Trustee sub-committees
- Drive income generation across all areas ensuring growth of income matches our service delivery needs
- Keep actively informed of social and economic trends and income generation opportunities to be able to forecast how opportunities might be changing, and produce proposals for where we should be focussing effort for the best returns as part of your Fundraising Strategy
- Ensure that we build positive relationships with a wide range of supporters to fund and promote the vital work of Bristol Animal Rescue Centre in order to achieve our mission
To succeed in this role you will:
- Have proven experience of meeting fundraising targets across a breadth of income streams including: Corporate, Trusts and Grants, Community, Individual Giving and Capital Appeals.
- Experience of leading and motivating teams to succeed
- Proven budget management experience
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and drive in relation to developing income generation opportunities
- Be passionate about, and dedicated to the welfare of animals
What we offer:
- A great place to work with passionate and dedicated colleagues
- An opportunity for some home working, subject to operational requirements
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted rates with PetPlan pet insurance
Application deadline: midnight on Sunday 14th January 2024
Please note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before this date if a suitable candidate secures the role.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
As a charity we try to minimise recruitment costs; if you have not heard from us within three weeks from the closing date of applications please assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 Under Section 8 of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, employers must ensure that any prospective employee is legally entitled to live and work in the UK. If you are made a provisional offer, you will be required to produce an official document confirming that you are entitled to live and work in the UK, e.g. passport; full birth certificate and official document confirming your name and national insurance number or a passport/travel document/ letter from the Home Office.
Bristol Animal Rescue Centre and Bristol A.R.C. are the working names for RSPCA Bristol & District Branch (a charity registered in England & Wales 205858) and the linked charity the Bristol Dogs and Cats Home (a charity registered in England & Wales 205858-1)
Please do not send a CV as this will not be considered.
No agencies please.