Bristol Sport Foundation is the charitable arm of Bristol Sport Ltd. Our purpose is to make Greater Bristol an Active. Healthy. Happy. place to live.
We have an amazing team of people who have experienced the power that sport has to break down barriers and tackle health and social inequalities across Bristol and together we use the emotive power of our employees and professional sport brands in the community and through matchday, to positively impact on the physical and mental health of the communities we engage with.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are seeking a creative and innovative individual who will join us as we try to inspire the communities of Bristol to live healthier and happier lives through challenging us to be upbeat, positive and inclusive in our communications internally and externally.
You must be passionate about positively changing people lives and be able to represent the diverse and inclusive communities of Bristol. You will be instrumental in increasing awareness of the charity and helping us to deliver our purpose.
- Supporting the programmes team to exceed the targets set for school clubs and community hubs
- Increase the number of under-represented groups accessing our programmes
- Increase awareness of the groups work through a digital marketing strategy
- Deliver the requirements of our grants and donations that require marketing and media activation
KEY JOB ROLES:
- Plan, implement and manage media projects, announcements and events
- Lead on all digital content for website, social media and external publication
- Manage multiple social media platforms and tailor content to suit the needs of each individual audience – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Monitor, analyse and communicate results on a quarterly basis
- Manage our videographer and graphic designers and work closely with them to create/produce original and creative content
- Plan media events, programmes and initiatives
- Work with marketing team to design and review a variety of promotional and marketing materials
- Work closely with our corporate/business partners to increase the profile of our work
- Develop and implement PR policies and procedures
- Produce content for various speeches and events
- Work with the Head of Operations to develop and implement crisis communications advice and media strategy, as needed
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Creative and innovative approach to working
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of paid and organic social media
- Previous working experience in charity, marketing, media or communications role
- Proven track record designing and executing successful campaigns at a local level
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Well organised and close attention to detai
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlet
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Experience of client relationship management and online Client Relationship Management systems
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.