Conference & Events Assistant
British Association of Dermatologists
The Conference & Event Services department of the British Association of Dermatologists is looking for an enthusiastic person to join their small team. The successful candidate will have an interest in organising conferences and events and a willingness to learn. The position represents a good introduction to all aspects of organising meetings in the medical charity sector.
Report to: Conference & Event Services Manager
The Conference & Events Assistant will be responsible for the administrative duties of the Conference & Event Services Department (CES). The postholder will assist the Conference & Event Services Manager and the Events Co-Ordinators with the organisation of the Annual Meeting and other events produced by the CES Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to the CES Manager with regards to the Annual Meeting and other meetings organised by the CES Department.
- Provide front line response to all incoming enquiries to the Conference department
- Onsite support at events.
- Registration of delegates and maintaining of delegate database.
- Mailing of conference literature.
- Dealing with delegate enquiries prior to the events and on-site.
- Assist in proof reading of conference literature.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the social Programme for the Annual Meeting
- Provide some front of house assistance for internal meetings held within the Central London Headquarters Office.
The following skills and attributes are necessary:
- Enthusiastic and confident individual interested in learning about all aspects of event management in a busy environment.
- Able to handle a variety of administrative duties, with the ability to multi-task.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Comfortable communicating with a wide range of people via phone, email and face-to face.
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Good MS Office skills, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Able to work outside of contracted hours during events.
To apply online with a CV and covering letter outlining why you think you would be suitable for the position.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.