Our vision is for nature and people to thrive in a world inspired by ecology. The British Ecological Society is the oldest of its kind in the world, with over 6000 members worldwide, we publish six successful journals, an ecological book series and a quarterly membership magazine, the Niche.
We actively value the diversity and wide range of perspectives that people from different backgrounds bring to their work, to ecology and to our Society.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to provide office and finance administrative support to the Society and to the CEO.
This is an excellent opportunity with lots of scope for development. You will have some previous experience in customer service or administration. It will be beneficial if you have some finance experience or a degree level qualification, however these are not essential.
About the role
Core duties will include but not be limited to:
- Meet and greet visitors for business meetings and prepare meeting rooms where necessary
- Taking minutes during the staff meetings and Committee’s
- Manage orders of stationery and other office supplies
- Working with the Society’s external accountant, administer day-to-day financial processes
- Administer fortnightly payment batches and organise a batch approval timetable
- Assist with audit queries in the lead up to, during and following the annual accounts audit work based in the Society office
- Assist with travel and diary management for the Chief Executive
- Providing administrative support to other BES teams as and when required
For more information on the role, a full job description and how to apply, follow the link in the yellow box.