British Expertise International (BEI) is seeking an ambitious and pro-active full-time events and communications officer to join our growing team. This is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of active discussions between business, UK government, and international counterparts at a critical time. You will not only learn about many issues related to trade, infrastructure, international development and politics, but also develop invaluable relationships and networks. In this role you will be responsible supporting the development, management and delivery of BEI’s communications and events plan, including researching event topics and hosting events, and managing social media, website activities, event promotions and other communications outputs.
British Expertise International is a UK’s leading member-based organisation supporting British companies working in consultancy and professional services, including the full infrastructure value chain, from design and planning through to project delivery, all aspects of engineering and construction. We also have a sub-sector of members working in aid funded business supporting the UK government and other funders deliver development aid in emerging markets. BEI supports members to understand international markets, identify, assess and secure business opportunities internationally through a wide range of activities, including networking events, sector-focused forums, bespoke international market intelligence, and demand-based trade missions.
BEI has successfully delivered this unique focus, working both through our proprietary networks and alongside the UK government and other stakeholders, for over 50 years. Membership is designed to assist UK-based companies with building international networks, providing insights and delivering access to overseas markets.
During the course of your employment, you will get a chance to attend a number of internal and external events with politicians and senior industry experts and will benefit by growing your personal network. You will expand your knowledge on how UK business interacts and engages with government and other stakeholders and will get a real insight into the workings of a business-focussed membership network.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the Membership Manager in event management and delivery:
- Researching event topics and speakers as required
- Event management support including, guest lists, event promotion, set up, etc.
- Acting as Front of House for events
- Engaging with members at events
- Writing and editing communications and promotions
- Communications & Marketing
- Support in delivering BEI’s communications strategy, including brand consistency and generating engaging content
- Communications outputs, including events promotion, social media engagement and website content
- Use of Buffer, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Engaging with senior stakeholders, including government bodies
- Support in the delivery of British Expertise International Awards 2020
- Research potential award entries as needed
- Ad hoc administrative support - as part of a small team it will be necessary to assist in a variety of tasks, as and when required.
- The candidate will be educated to degree level (2:1 or above), have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have an interest in the business world and current affairs.
- Strong organisational skills and a proactive, can-do attitude
- Strong research skills
- Demonstrable experience and interest in marketing and communications
- Good practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A good understanding of the UK political system and the civil service
- Interest in trade relations or international development
- Some experience with CRM systems (Salesforce training will be provided
Contract: Six-month contract with possibility of full time offer
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Status: Right to work in the UK
Apply online with CV and one- page cover letter
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.