British Exploring Society is a world class youth development charity with a unique heritage, founded on the belief that challenging experiences can define lives, empowering and equipping young people with the courage, integrity, skills, resilience and motivation to make the most of their future.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking applications for a Professional Skills Coach to work with our young people. You will help them with individual target setting, communication skills and the development of new skills to support their successful fundraising on the lead up to their expeditions. This is a new role for us and reflects our change in strategy to greatly increase the number of marginalised young people we reach. As a new role the successful candidate will have considerable autonomy in shaping the post.
Skills and experience required
With a relevant background, qualification and/or experience in youth, teaching, training and/or youth employment work, you will be skilled at shaping and driving innovative, high-quality provision to support our young people. You will enjoy supporting young people to enable themselves and to achieve targets.
Core responsibilities include:
- To help young people throughout the course of a programme to develop their professional skills and confidence and to meet agreed personal fundraising targets
- To be the first point of contact for all pre-expedition professional skills development queries from young people
- To benchmark needs, goals and skills for each young person using agreed impact measurements
- To design engaging resources and deliver training and support for each young person
- To support young people to develop a fundraising plan and manageable targets
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date reporting on all elements of our professional skills development programme.
- To support the fundraising team with data and case studies for funding reports and bids
Education and Knowledge;
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent (essential)
- English and maths to at least GCSE or equivalent (essential)
- Competence in all standard office IT packages (essential)
- Delivery of a coaching programme with young people between 14 and 25 which includes financial literacy/setting targets/presentation and communications/fund-raising;
- Work with young people from a wide range of backgrounds, including those facing significant disadvantage.
What happens next?
Please visit our website to apply for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. In your application please let us know if you have any accessibility requirements, or if you need us to make any adjustments to the interview process.
British Exploring Society is committed to equal opportunity and to building an executive and volunteer team that together represent a diverse variety of backgrounds, skills and perspectives in the world. The more inclusive we are, the better we think we’ll be at delivering our charitable aims.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.