We have a new opportunity at the British Gymnastics Foundation for a Fundraising Officer to join the team working from home.. Joining us on a part time, temporary 12-month contract (covering maternity) you will receive a highly competitive salary and package of circa £28,000 per annum pro rata (£15,135) depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
The Fundraising Officer role:
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the British Gymnastics Foundation (BGF) Fundraising Strategy, to raise awareness of the public benefit work of the Foundation and generate significant income. Fundraising event experience and bid writing experience is essential for this role.
Key responsibilities of our Fundraising Officer will include:
- Taking the BGF lead role for designated fundraising or profile-raising events (both virtual and non-virtual), providing hands-on co-ordination of all event requirements, working to specific financial and non-financial targets
- Identify sources of core grant and restricted grant funding from a range of grant giving organisations; writing applications which secure the funds necessary to support the organisation
- Proactively identifying and targeting potential supporters/supporter groups to grow the database e.g. Gymnastics Clubs, Community Groups, Rotary Groups etc.
- Working with colleagues in BGF, IT, Corporate Partnerships and Volunteering to determine the needs and uses of a Supporter Database
- Proactively identifying and targeting potential supporters/supporter groups to grow the database
- Working with colleagues in Marketing and Communications to design and deliver a Marketing and Communications Plan to include a range of data acquisition campaigns, engagement campaigns, event promotions and regular communications and up-dates
- Working with colleagues in IT and Marketing to maintain and update the BGF website and social media platforms
- Taking the BGF lead role for designated fundraising or profile-raising events, providing hands-on co-ordination of all event requirements
- Where appropriate, working with event colleagues from across the business, providing a platform for BGF promotion, supporter recruitment and engagement
- In conjunction with colleagues in BGF and Corporate Partnerships, developing and delivering targeted strategies and activities for donor development and corporate partnerships
- Providing Account Management support to corporate partnerships
Our ideal Fundraising Officer:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of effective fundraising models (corporate, group and individual), their structures and activities
- Experience of developing and delivering successful virtual and face to face fundraising challenge events is essential. Experience of marketing, creative writing, and event management is desirable
- Experience of securing funds from grant bid writing is essential
- Experience of database and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with BGF management and Trustees and a range of colleagues from across BG
- Excellent planning, prioritising & organisational skills
- Have an understanding of the gymnastics infrastructure
- Presentation and Public Speaking Skills
- Have competent administration/IT skills
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly and work out of office hours and at weekends when necessary
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work.
Closing date for applications: midnight on Sunday 6th December 2020
Interview date: 16th December 2020
If you would like to join our team as our Fundraising Officer, or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.