Are you a Developer with a passion for programming and a good grasp of underlying software engineering principles and techniques? Could you bring innovative ideas and thinking to the table when solving problems?
We're looking for a new Developer to join our IT Team where you'll champion excellence in the development, and support of technical solutions, while getting involved with a variety of innovations and new initiatives, making a lasting change to the work that we do.
About the role
As Developer, you'll:
- Configure, implement, support and maintain technical solutions, performing development/configuration activities for large complex BHF programmes in both Waterfall and Agile environments.
- Ensure development/configuration activities are delivered on time, to quality and on budget, and contribute with a focus on customer experience and needs
- Be responsible for detailed system design and the creation of project documentation to expected quality,
- Be an advocate and adopt new technology trends whilst also mentoring junior team members.
This is an opportunity to make a lasting change to the work that we do. We're looking for someone with a can-do attitude, flexible to work on multiple projects and ensure key deadlines are met.
You'll have a solid grasp of underlying software engineering principles and a degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
You'll also need to have experience of:
- The Software Development Lifecycle
- Development languages
- Microsoft SharePoint Online / On-premise (MOSS)
- Microsoft .Net (VB.NET, C#)
- Microsoft SQL Server (including SSIS, SSRS)
- Microsoft PowerApps & Flow
- Microsoft IIS
Softer skills should include the ability to:
- Capture requirements accurately and concisely using different methods.
- Define/recommend the most appropriate technical solutions.
- Work from own initiative, handle competing demands and met deadlines.
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical users clearly and fluently
- Grasp complex business requirements and communicate them to staff
- Take ownership of tasks assigned with limited supervision required
When applying, tell us about your understanding of complex business requirements, how you continuously seek to improve services to meet customer needs and your technical experience for the post.
Everyone who works at the British Heart Foundation is part of something bigger - a mission to beat heartbreak from the world's biggest killers. Heart and circulatory diseases still kill 1 in 4 people in the UK and that's heartbreak on a scale we simply don't accept. Across our offices and stores, we are helping fund research that saves lives. If that's a mission that inspires you, and you have the skills we need, you could be the Developer we're looking for.
How to apply
To apply for this role please use the apply button below. Our process involves submitting your CV and supporting statement which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role's criteria.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.