Do you have experience in marketing or events? Do you think you can use your relationship management skills to increase our reach in legacy fundraising?
If so, you could be the Legacy Marketing Executive we're looking for.
It's a very exciting time for legacies and legacy marketing at the British Heart Foundation (BHF); gifts in Wills are hugely important to the BHF and currently account for half of BHF's income. Our aim is to significantly increase the prominence of legacies in order to grow and protect this very important income stream. You could be part of the team that aims to generate an additional £25 million for BHF every year by 2027.
About the role
The Legacy Development team are responsible for creating and delivering stewardship journeys for individuals who have left a gift in their Will to BHF (pledgers) as well as for building a cross-organisational advocacy approach to spreading the vital message of the importance of gifts in Wills.
Now that we're in our second year of our new Legacy Marketing Strategy, we're looking for a Legacy Development Executive to join our ambitious, fast-paced and rapidly growing team in a brand new role.
Your job will be to:
- Lead on the implementation of the strategy, playing a key role in campaign and journey delivery as well as delivering relationship management approach to stewardship
- Work on delivering the stewardship journey for our pledgers, which includes a mixture of digital and offline communications as well as events.
- Work with creative, print and fulfilment agencies, ensuring that work is done to a high standard and on time.
We also steward pledgers through relationships and you will be responsible for ensuring that pledgers are being account managed with a personalised and consistent approach, whilst playing a supportive role in reviewing and adapting the stewardship journey, ensuring that we test and embed learnings.
We're looking for someone who either has direct marketing experience, an understanding of direct marketing principles or has events management experience. You'll also need to have:
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have excellent organisational skills
- Project and time management skills so that you can work effectively in a fast moving team and manage a varied workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills; you'll be someone who can analyse and interpret results and translate this analysis into action.
Whilst charity experience is desirable, it is not essential. We're looking for an individual who is ambitious and passionate about beating heartbreak forever, who will always put the customer at the heart of everything they do.
Heart and circulatory diseases kill 1 in 4 people in the UK. They cause heartbreak on every street. But if we can invent machines to restart hearts, fix arteries in newborn babies, build tiny devices to correct heartbeats, and if we can give someone a heart they weren't born with - imagine what's next.
How to apply
To apply for this role please use the apply button below. Our process involves submitting your CV and a supporting statement, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role's criteria.
Please note this is a 12 month maternity cover contract
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.