Are you a policy and public affairs expert looking to put their mark on one of the UK’s largest charities?
We’re recruiting for a new Policy and Public Affairs Manager to join our team in Wales!
About the role
As our Policy and Public Affairs lead in Wales you’ll be responsible for the strategic development and direction in the British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) influencing activities in Wales.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time and will lead our influencing ahead of the 2021 Welsh Parliament elections. You will be involved in devising and implementing welsh-specific policy actions ensuring that BHF Cymru’s influences developments in health policy within the BHF policy framework.
You’ll play a crucial role in developing a strategic direction for our influencing in Wales and ensuring our aims and ambitions are met. Leading our influencing in the Welsh Parliament and Government you’ll drive forward our agenda inline with our strategy and ensure BHF Cymru’s voice is heard on key issues relating to heart and circulatory disease.
With an excellent understanding of the political environment in Wales, especially the main political parties you’ll have knowledge of the workings and processes of devolved government in Wales and understand how to use them to best effect.
You’ll have a good grasp of the interface between the voluntary and statutory sector as well as extensive experience in public affairs / policy in Welsh institutions or charities.
To be successful in this role, you’ll also have the following skills and experience:
• able to plan, manage and deliver multi-faceted strategic public affairs and communications solutions
• able to get results, even when under pressure and without supervision
• able to network and build positive relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including Ministers, advisors and civil servants
• excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
With a network of contacts within the Welsh Parliament and a sound understanding of public affairs and influencing in a welsh context, you’ll have previous experience of designing and delivering multi-faceted policy projects grounded in evidence and stakeholder insight.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.