Are you a Senior Developer with a passion for programming and a good grasp of underlying software engineering principles and techniques? Could you bring innovative ideas and thinking to the table when solving problems?
We're looking for a new Senior Developer to join our IT Team where you'll champion excellence in the development, lead customer/business requirement discussions and support of technical solutions, while getting involved with a variety of innovations and new initiatives, making a lasting change to the work that we do.
About the role
As a Senior Developer, you'll:
- Configure, implement, support and maintain technical solutions, performing development/configuration activities for large complex BHF programmes in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Ensure development/configuration activities are delivered on time, to quality and on budget, and contribute with a focus on customer experience and needs
- Be responsible for detailed system design and the creation of project documentation to expected quality
- Be an advocate and adopt new technology trends whilst also mentoring junior team members
- Take pleasure in delivering innovative customer centric solutions.
You'll have a solid grasp of underlying software engineering principles and a degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
You'll also have experience of:
- The Software Development Lifecycle
- Development languages
- Microsoft SharePoint Online / On-premise (MOSS)
- Microsoft .Net (VB.NET, C#)
- Microsoft SQL Server (including SSIS, SSRS)
- Microsoft PowerApps & Flow
- Microsoft IIS
Softer skills should include the ability to:
- Lead customer requirement discussions
- Capture requirements accurately and concisely using different methods and produce work breakdown
- Define/recommend the most appropriate technical solutions
- Work from own initiative, handle competing demands and met deadlines
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical users clearly and fluently
- Grasp complex business requirements and communicate them to staff
- Take ownership of tasks assigned with limited supervision required.
When applying, tell us about your understanding of complex business requirements, how you continuously seek to improve services to meet customer needs and your technical experience for the post.
We're built on breakthroughs. Heart transplants. Clot busting drugs. Pacemakers. Breakthroughs born from visionary medical research. Research you fund with your donations.
How to apply
To apply for this role please use the apply button below. Our process involves submitting your CV and supporting statement which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role's criteria.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.