Are you a digital professional with experience of leading team and delivering engaging and accessible content?
If so, you could be the Senior Content Designer we need on our Digital Content and Experiences team to help us ensure our digital content is best in class. Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract.
About the role
As Senior Digital Content Designer you’ll play a key role in ensuring the British Heart Foundation (BHF) puts the customer at the heart of everything we do; supporting colleagues to take a user-centric and evidence-based approach in their work, as well as assisting in the delivery of products to improve digital user experience.
Maintaining an overview of our entire digital estate, you’ll have an understanding of how and where new content will be commissioned and produced.
Your job will be to:
• Lead the scoping, commissioning and production of vibrant digital content assets that are: accurate, timely, fit for purpose, high quality (based on insight and outputs of user testing, relevant to the audience, easily understood, optimised for search engines).
• Provide guidance and support for our existing and growing portfolio of digital content, focusing on improving overall user experience – helping to share best practice and embed the new Digital Content & Experiences Centre of Excellence.
• Provide consultancy, mentoring, training and support across the BHF to enable teams to produce and upload digital content that meets both user needs and business objectives.
• Monitor the performance of content and tools, identifying areas for improvement and escalating technical issues to our in-house systems team.
• Encourage a customer-first approach with colleagues across the organisation and support staff in taking a user-centric and data-driven approach in their work.
Please note this is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
As someone with significant relevant experience working in a similar role across a family of websites, you’ll be able to work to tight deadlines and respond quickly and calmly to emerging opportunities.
We’d like you to tell us about your:
• Experience in editing, devising and implementing creative digital content including text, images and video for websites.
• Experience using Content Management Systems (Sitecore experience would be advantageous)
• Experience of digital analytics and using insight to make data-informed decisions on content development.
• Communication skills and ability to persuade and influence when needed
• Strong stakeholder management skills
We’re here to keep hearts beating and blood flowing. With research spanning all heart and circulatory diseases, we are out to beat the world’s biggest killers. From head to toe you have over 60,000 miles of blood vessels in your body so we have our work cut out.
Here at the BHF we understand that you might need a little help balancing your work and home life. Many of our people work flexibly in many different ways. Please feel free to talk to us about the flexibility you may need; we’re happy to explore what’s possible for you and the role.
Please note interviews will be held over Microsoft Teams. Interviews may be held during the advertising period or shortly after the close date.
The British Heart Foundation is currently following Government guidelines regarding working from home. Although the role is based in London, the expectation is that once restrictions are eased, we will follow a blended approach between office and home working.