Are you a strategic expert looking to make an impact on the work the British Heart Foundation does?
We're recruiting a Strategic Portfolio Manager to join our Strategy team and be responsibility for overseeing and managing the full portfolio of activities related to the BHF's Healthcare Innovation (HI) directorate.
About the role
Our HI directorate helps to turn research and insights into real-world impact for patients and the public. You'll work closely with Strategy and Performance colleagues as well as senior managers and workstream leads within HI to develop and maintain a portfolio view of all programmes of activity within and related to HI.
Helping to create performance management frameworks, tracking and reporting on progress, through portfolio and performance management, you'll help the HI directorate:
* Run smoothly and effectively
* Prioritise and plan activity
* Allocate resource and focus appropriately (including budgeting)
* Make well-evidenced strategic decisions
* Understand and articulate the impact of its activities
* Remain aligned with the activity of other directorates
You'll have a project management and portfolio management qualification or equivalent experience. This will be matched by your knowledge of best practice in portfolio and programme management, governance, and performance monitoring
With proven experience as a PMO/Portfolio Manager or similar role in a large, complex organisation, you'll have previous experience supporting strategic planning and prioritisation with multiple interdependencies as well as experience devising monitoring frameworks, and tracking and reporting on progress against programme aims and wider organisational strategy.
To be successful in this role you'll have the following skills:
* Excellent organisational skills, with solid project and time management
* A quick learner, able to get up to speed with a complex organisation quickly
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Capable of synthesising clear and visually compelling reporting outputs, and selling them in to senior colleagues
* Comfortable asking probing questions, and confident challenging decisions and activity based on agreed performance criteria, including at a senior level
When you work at the British Heart Foundation, you become a part of medical history. Part of a world leading organisation that has played a role in decades of life saving breakthroughs, from heart transplants and pacemakers to stents and clot busting drugs. And we're not about to stop any time soon. We are here to beat heartbreak forever. To stop heart and circulatory diseases devastating families. And if you want to help us get there sooner, you could be the Strategic Portfolio Manager we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role please click through to our website for further details. Our process involves submitting your CV and a supporting statement, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role criteria.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.