Are you a strategy expert looking for a new opportunity? Do you know how to identify priorities and to scope, develop and operationalise strategic initiatives?
If so you may be the Strategy Lead we're looking for!
About the role
As Strategy Lead you'll marry the 'bigger picture' within British Heart Foundation (BHF) with the technical detail necessary to see projects through from start to finish.
Working closely with colleagues across the BHF, including senior leaders, you'll drive forward initiatives using a consultative and collaborative approach underpinned by rigorous research and evidence.
You'll also identify opportunities and build senior networks across and outside the BHF to developing a strong influencing capability.
You'll have a strong understanding of strategy development, strategy consulting principles and the importance of corporate strategy. You'll also have a health-related background (e.g. biology, medicine, epidemiology, public health or similar) and will have extensive experience in a professional strategic role.
You'll be able to think creatively and use your ability to horizon-scan, synthesise, communicate and influence to develop well-evidenced ideas and turn them into high-impact initiatives.
With experience in developing strategies and running strategic projects across a range of areas within complex organisational environments, you'll also have experience of building and managing relationships with senior leaders.
To be successful in this role you'll have the following skills and experience:
* Able to generate and synthesise numerous analytical inputs to form well-evidenced proposals and recommendations
* Able to bring clarity to complex strategic issues, and communicate them effectively
* Able to lead complex cross-BHF programmes of work, maintaining a bird's-eye-view of workstreams
* Excellent organisation skills, able to manage multiple complex programmes of work concurrently, coordinating multiple stakeholders
* Self-motivated, able to work independently and take initiative
* Excellent verbal and written communication - comfortable presenting complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, producing high-quality first drafts of written and creative content with minimal input from line manager
In return we offer a generous benefits package including flexible working, healthcare cover, dental plan, subsidised gym membership and substantial annual leave.
The BHF's Strategy & Impact team works to keep the BHF focused on the biggest and most important issues on the horizon, playing a leading role in ensuring we remain fit for the future.
We do this by working collaboratively across the organisation, helping to identify priorities, scoping, developing and operationalising strategic initiatives that maximise our organisational impact as well as track our organisational effectiveness.
How to apply
To apply for this role please click through to our website for further details. Our process involves submitting your CV and supporting statement which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the roles criteria.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.