Are you looking to gain practical technology project experience within a collaborative, non-profit working environment? Do you have exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills, with a desire to assist some of our large scale Technology improvements?
If so, you could be the Technology projects Intern we're looking for.
About the opportunity
We're looking for a Technology Projects Intern to assist our delivery teams in undertaking some large scale technology deployment projects, including a major IT Operating System upgrade. You'll gain experience across a wide range of areas including business change management, process optimisation, stakeholder management and deployment planning.
We're currently undergoing a sizeable transformation across all areas across the BHF, with technology at the heart of many of these changes and improvements, all to ensure that the organisation can achieve our ambitious strategic goals.
You'll provide hand-on support across a wide variety of activities within the Technology team. You'll get some direct experience of working in a Technology department at one of the UKs largest charities, where you'll have the chance to enhance your skill set and experience, using your abilities where it can make the most impact.
During your time here you'll gain:
* Exposure to the full delivery lifecycle across a portfolio of projects and products
* An understanding of the core project management disciplines and skills required
* Familiarity with both Prince2 and Agile methodologies
* Development of your technical skills through the troubleshooting of technical issues and problems and provisioning a variety of technology devices for staff
* Coordination and planning experience, through the delivery of equipment and services
* Building interpersonal skills as they will work with (and support) staff at different levels, and collaborate with colleagues
You'll be working with subject matter experts across the teams to support them with their current workload, but you'll also:
* Assist Programme and Project Managers and Team / Work stream leads with the production and maintenance of project planning and scheduling
* Develop and maintain documentation filing, recording and reporting systems using the SharePoint portal
* Act as the secretariat for meetings and boards; scheduling and administration of meetings, co-ordination and distribution of the agenda and taking minutes, notes and actions
You'll be supported throughout the 12 months by a close-knit team, helping you to develop practical skills in stakeholder management and organisational change that will provide a fantastic platform to help define your career. We can offer flexible working and a chance to become involved in wider organisational activities within both Retail and Events.
You'll have a positive 'can-do' attitude and flexible approach, and be a motivated, self-starter who can easily prioritise and manage workloads
You'll also have:
* Exceptional organisational skills
* A process-driven approach with strong attention to detail
* Able to interpret and expand on a brief
* Confident presentation skills, being comfortable working with others to produce content
* Strong communication skills, both in writing and verbally
* The ability to work effectively as part of a 'virtual' team
* The ability to use initiative, recognise issues as they arise and deal with them in a timely manner
In return you'll get hands on experience within a large IT team and a supportive working environment with a variety of activities from softball and yoga to bake-offs and many more.
We research all heart and circulatory diseases and the things that cause them. Heart disease, Stroke, Vascular Dementia, Diabetes and many more. All connected, all under siege. Because our research is the promise of future cures and treatments.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity click through to our website for further details. Our process involves submitting your CV and a supporting statement, which should outline your motivation for applying; how this opportunity fits with future aspirations; and what you would bring to the table.
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advert early should we receive a sufficient number of applications.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.