Do you want to ease back into a workplace with a friendly team around you? If you want to gain cashier till and sales experience and can spare a few hours on a Wednesday or a Friday, this is a great way to get some confidence back while helping raise live-saving funds.
With support around you from the Exmouth British Heart Foundation shop team, you will be processing sales through the till as a cashier, keeping the shop floor stocked and organised and thanking every donor - helping us beat heartbreak forever.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our Exmouth shop team led by Yuan and Beth are super friendly, and are looking forward to welcoming new volunteers to the team!
Typical tasks include:
· Chatting with customers and serving them in a helpful and friendly way
· Communicating with fellow volunteers about what has sold and needs re-stocking
· Serving customers on the till and taking payments
· Promoting Gift Aid and sales campaigns, and chatting to customers
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of giving back to a charity
· Develop your confidence and interpersonal skills - get back out there after COVID
· Gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexible shifts Wednesdays & Fridays to fit around your lifestyle and commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Managers
· 25% discount on donated goods for volunteers
Please note we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to beat heartbreak forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.