Fundraising & Communications Manager
Full-Time, Permanent. Salary guide: £33,000 - £35,000
Based in London Office with option for regular remote working, some travel within UK required.
- Desirable: Degree and/or professional qualification, or equivalent experience. Charity Fundraising or Communications training.
- The successful candidate should have knowledge of how charities operate, including:
- The principles and public benefit of Racing to School; relevant legislation; fundraising methods and models; processes of database management to support donor recruitment, development and stewardship.
- An understanding of the sector within which Racing to School operates and the threats and opportunities it addresses.
- Possess an understanding of how to approach and work with relevant media.
- A working knowledge of the horseracing and breeding industries
Skills, abilities & competencies:
- Stewardship of existing donors and grow annual income
- Budget creation, management and tracking
- Oversee an expanding database with accuracy; run and interpret management information
- Instigate key contacts and alliances through direct contact and public presentations
- Contribute to event management planning and delivery
- Create compelling press releases, updates and unique content to publish across multi-channels; write tight, accurate copy to deadline
- Ability to talk to different media and represent the charity in any public forum
- Support delivery team and provide back up across all programmes and activity content
- Desirable: To have worked for a charity or racing-related organisation in a similar role
- Working with a fundraising or equivalent customer database
- Traditional and social media experience of publishing unique content
- Event management – promotion, delivery and follow-up, charitable or otherwise
- Evidence of meeting objectives through working in a team and unsupervised.
- High level of integrity in step with the charitable values of Racing to School
- Demonstrate good teamwork in all career roles
- An originator of ideas and approaches with a flexible approach to change
- An attitude to surpass expectations in all dealings with charity beneficiaries and donors
- Attention to detail across all work; professional approach to all tasks
- An enthusiasm for community engagement/volunteering.
The closing date for applications is 25th January 2021.
We acknowledge that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success and we actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences.
The welfare of our people is always important to us, but even more so at times like these. We are doing everything we can to protect our colleagues and applicants. Our hiring processes are no exception and due to COVID-19 the selection interviews for this position will take place online removing the need for face-to-face contact.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.