The role involves:
- Operational management and leadership of the Institute
- Strategic and operational planning and resource management
- Spearheading the continuous improvement of our planning processes
- Ownership of our quality assurance procedures
- Managing a team of professional staff across the areas of finance; IT; HR and facilities; marketing, membership and events
- Managing the Institute’s governance processes (including research governance)
- Deputising for the BIICL Director (as necessary)
- Strategic engagement with partners and stakeholders.
This role needs a highly motivated, dynamic leader with excellent people skills. Someone who is as excited about the Institute’s potential as we are and who will work with us to further build the Institute into a world leading research centre.
You will be an experienced senior leader, ideally from a higher education, research institute or charity environment with the following skills and experience:
- Expert knowledge in more than one of the following areas: operational management, financial management, charity governance and communications;
- Experience of managing human and physical resources and IT systems;
- Understanding of what is involved in conducting high quality research, including knowledge of research funding, ethical issues, evaluation and impact;
- Ability to lead, motivate and involve people and groups in an inclusive way across an organisation, including in small teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills with demonstrable tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including report writing, chairing meetings and making presentations;
- Ability to work on own initiative, to prioritise work effectively, to be a creative innovator and problem-solver, and to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- A clear commitment to individuals’ personal and professional development; and
- An ability and willingness to work collaboratively and collegially with colleagues.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATION PROCESS OUTLINED IN JOB DESCRIPTION
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.