Macmillan Liver Cancer Nurse
Reporting to: Nurse Manager
Our registered charity number: 298858
This role is funded by Macmillan Cancer Support
The British Liver Trust is the leading UK charity for adults at risk of or affected by liver disease or liver cancer. Liver disease is a silent killer and is on the increase, with late or missed diagnosis leading to avoidable deaths. There is a lack of awareness and understanding of the range and causes of liver conditions, which needs to change. The charity is growing, but needs to be much, much bigger to tackle this crisis.
The Trust is offering an exciting opportunity for someone to join our dynamic and friendly nurse team. We provide a range of information and support via phone and email, to anyone affected by liver disease and/or liver cancer.
The successful candidate will have experience in liver cancer and hepatology/gastroenterology with a good knowledge of liver disease and its treatments, must be a registered Nurse with the NMC and have an up-to-date nursing PIN.
About the role
This role is an exciting development for the charity. Working within the nurse-led helpline team, this new post is funded by Macmillan, and will be known as the Macmillan Liver Cancer Nurse, within the British Liver Trust.
- The postholder will be pivotal to our liver cancer service provision, and work alongside nurse colleagues, providing guidance and support to liver cancer patients, as well as other liver disease patients.
- Primarily the postholder will provide a recognisable Macmillan experience and support Macmillan in demonstrating the impact of the post. Please see the attached Job Description for more information regarding role responsibilities.
- The postholder will also represent the charity at liver cancer conferences and events, support the nurse team with ongoing training and skill sharing, and support our Love Your Liver roadshow, with the opportunity to deliver FibroScans at these community events.
Please visit our website, review the Job Description, or get in touch if you want to know more before applying for this role. We would love to hear from nurses with relevant experience who are looking to move into the voluntary sector.
(We may require occasional travel to our head office in Winchester)
We offer a range of benefits for our employees:
- Life assurance 4x your salary starting from date of employment.
- 5% employer pension contribution, rising to 7.5% at 15 months and 10% at 27 months service (optional on contribution increase).
- Gifted 3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Holiday buy-back scheme (up to 3 days per annum)
- 25 days paid annual leave (FTE)
- 15 days sick pay per rolling 12 months + 2 weeks full pay for both paternity and maternity leave
- Eye-care voucher scheme
- Toothfairy dental support
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Potential for flexible working
Please note that this role requires a DBS check. If you are invited to interview, we would ask that you disclose any information to us that could impact this.
Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the nurse helpline service, nurses working from home are required to operate in a separate and private workspace.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2023
Online Interviews: TBC
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter, explaining how your experience, skills and knowledge make you suitable for the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
If you have any questions about this post, please email us, or call our central office number.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.