Policy and Public Affairs Officer
Salary c£26,250 per annum
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Home based with occasional visits in Winchester (HQ) and London.
A world without liver disease – that’s our vision.
The British Liver Trust is the leading liver charity for adults in the UK working to improve liver health. Liver disease is a public health emergency. Liver disease is the third leading cause of premature death in the UK, with deaths increasing by 400% over the past two generations.
We believe that liver disease and liver cancer are at a tipping point. By taking bold action ourselves and with others, we will start to shift that balance towards a world without liver disease. We are looking for an exceptional individual to support us on this journey and to directly contribute to change.
We are seeking a policy and public affairs professional to support existing work and lead on our advocacy with key regional and local stakeholders across the country and help improve outcomes and care for liver disease patients.
The role will;
- Support the development and implementation of our influencing agenda and campaigns - shaping and driving policy change.
- Support our response to consultations, engage in parliamentary debates and promote policy positions that improve outcomes for patient with liver disease and liver cancer.
- Develop tailored materials and effectively launch to stakeholder groups.
- Contribute to our parliamentary work and engagement across the devolved nations.
- Help shape our parliamentary, government and political monitoring, horizon scanning and stakeholder mapping, as we systematize our public affairs approach to devolved governments and parliaments.
The postholder will have the opportunity to influence the commissioning of service in the NHS to improve liver disease patient outcomes and care across the UK.
The British Liver Trust is in a growth phase and we are keen to receive applications from candidates looking for a challenging role, which will make a real impact for liver disease patient outcomes and care.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a covering letter and CV and let us know why you are applying for the role. Please include in your email;
a covering letter explaining how your experience, skills and knowledge make you suitable for the role, with particular relevance to the Job description;
an up to date CV, including 2 referees.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 25th February
Interviews: Tuesday 8th March