We are looking to recruit a Senior Policy Advisor to join our Population Health team within our Public Health and Healthcare Policy Function - on a fixed-term basis to provide cover for a colleague currently on maternity leave.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in shaping the BMA’s high-profile policy work on a broad range of issues relating to population health.
Your role will be to drive forward our programme of policy work, developing proposals that will help us influence the debate around key issues that affect the health of the public.
You will provide expert policy advice and guidance to a variety of audiences including senior staff, committees, chief officers and members, as well as producing briefings, guidance and other practical support materials and representing the BMA at external events as required.
The Public Health and Healthcare Function sits within the BMA’s newly formed Policy and Comms Directorate. The Function’s remit spans a range of topics including:
- supporting the NHS to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, building future resilience beyond the pandemic,
- the development of new integrated models of care, workforce and innovation
- dealing with current and future public health challenges.
You will have experience of:
- evidence-based policy development (ideally in a health or health-related context)
- excellent writing skills
- ability to confidently analyse and help solve policy problems
- confidence to build influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website.
Closing date: Tuesday, 27th April 2021
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.