Around 10 million adults and 12,000 children, have a musculoskeletal condition in the UK today. We are a professional membership organisation and registered charity with the mission of ‘Caring for Patients, Supporting Surgeons’ working with our members to deliver excellence in surgical care and restore pain free mobility.
Our activities include influencing and engagement, professional practice, research and training and education. We have over 5,000 members worldwide, the majority based in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Membership is made up of consultants (active or retired), surgeons in training and staff and associate specialist grades (SAS).
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team to take responsibility for the operational management of a wide range of education and careers activities for the BOA, including fellowships, courses (virtual and face to face), outreach to medical students/junior doctors, as well as our annual online examination for trainees (UKITE).
You will work closely with our Education and Careers faculty, committee and Policy and Programmes team to lead the delivery of current activity, alongside scoping and developing new projects to promote and support Trauma and Orthopaedics careers.
We are seeking an individual with drive and enthusiasm who is looking for a new challenge and has a keen interest in working for a membership organisation involved in supporting trauma and orthopaedic surgeons and care for orthopaedic patients.
If you are a creative and proactive individual who has a keen interest in working for a small membership organisation with enthusiasm to deliver outstanding service we would love to hear from you.
- Articulate professional of graduate calibre with intellectual acumen and agility
- 5 plus years’ experience in an associated field
- Experience of scoping, options appraisal, planning and implementation of new/updated activities and the ability to take a project from initial idea to implementation
- Experience of managing online exams, through Ripley’s software, or similar.
- Ready to get stuck in and capable of undertaking multiple projects at any one time
- Comfortable with handling multiple issues and flexibility to adapt if priorities change or opportunities emerge at short notice.
- Able to establish good relationships with senior clinicians, expert advisors from the Council and subcommittees, and external stakeholders and organisations.
- Proactive and keen to make a difference while appreciating the importance of sound project management and an eye for detail
- Excellent organisational skills and a proficient communicator (both oral and written).
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to achieve high standards of work with minimal supervision.
- Confident learning and using IT and online systems, including CRMs
What we can offer you
- Good team working environment
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays and up to 4 Association closure days.
- Enhanced contributory pension scheme & other leave entitlements.
- Employee Assistance Scheme
We are fully committed to equality and diversity and will assess your application based on your experience, skills and suitability to the position only
Please submit a CV and covering letter. No agencies please.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.