The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is looking to appoint an experienced Head of Operations to support the continued growth and development of the organisation that is highly regarded nationally and internationally in the counselling and psychotherapy field.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the post has responsibility for all operational matters, member and registrant support, events, finance, risk management and human resources for the organisation.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, highly organised, individual who can demonstrate
excellent and wide-ranging operational management experience, with strong financial skills preferably in a not-for-profit and/or regulatory/membership body.
The post will work closely with the Chief Executive to support the delivery of the strategic development of the organisation, managing the operational functions. Key responsibilities include;
- advising and supporting the Chief Executive on all operational issues
- managing financial procedures, including budget setting, financial reporting and monitoring of financial risk
- managing our member support services
- managing our accreditation process, working with the regulatory team to support this essential function
- managing all aspects of the office processes and infrastructure
- managing the IT infrastructure, including the membership database and annual registration process
- human resources
- managing risk and ensuring compliance with Companies House and the Charity Commission
- providing the secretariat to the Board of Trustees and to Council
- line managing the Membership Officer, Meeting and Events Officer, Bookkeeper and occasional temporary staff
A salary of £45,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience) is offered, plus 6% employer pension contribution and annual season ticket loan.
The role is full time, 35 hours a week with 28 days annual leave per annum plus bank and other statutory holidays. Occasional hours after normal office hours may be required – time off in lieu is always given. The post is London based but may require occasional travel to events and meetings in the UK
The BPC is a charity that advances the health of the public through the maintenance and regulation of professional standards and clinical practice and advances education in psychoanalytic psychotherapy. In doing so we safeguard the public, promote the highest standards of training and research and work to make psychotherapy accessible to all. We are a Professional Standards Authority accredited voluntary register.
We run a number of events and conferences throughout the year that are aimed at clinicians and academics, publish New Associations (our highly-regarded magazine for psychoanalytic thinking) and promote the profession through a comprehensive policy and public affairs programme that includes meetings with MPs and policy makers.
The BPC opposes any discrimination of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, any discrimination on the basis of age, race, gender, ethnic origin, religious belief or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send your cv with a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4, demonstrating how you meet the role criteria and person specifiation by 5pm on Monday 9th March 2020. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
1st interviews will be on either 17th or 18th March 2020, successful candidates called to interview must be available on these dates.
2nd interviews for successful candidates will follow within 2 weeks of the first interview dates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.