Customer Service Volunteer - Mobility Aids
Location: 28 Worple Road, London, SW19 4EE
Commitment: 2 hours per week on Tuesdays 11 am until 1 pm
Come and join our friendly team based in London and support your local community!
We provide people in your community with wheelchairs on a short-term basis.
Our Customer Service Volunteers use their people and administration skills to serve the public who require a wheelchair or other mobility equipment.Your time will help people in your community stay independent by accessing a wheelchair.
- Issuing and receiving wheelchairs (or other mobility aids equipment) using a computer based stock control system.
- Demonstrating how to use and look after our wheelchairs (and other equipment).
- Dealing with enquiries from people wanting to borrow a wheelchair (or other equipment) by telephone, face to face and online.
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Free training and ongoing upskilling.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
- The chance to truly make a difference to local lives.
Young people and this role
We value the energy and enthusiasm that young people bring to this role. To carry out full delivery of this service volunteers must be 15+ (subject to a risk assessment, safeguarding requirements, parental consent and risk audience).
Here's a little bit more about us...
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes.
From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - we're there when you need us. Our goal is to connect human kindness with human crisis.
We're part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and we believe in the power of kindness.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
Click Apply Online to register your interest and we will be in touch to arrange a phone call with you.
For further information, please email: or call 01227 864712
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
More about British Red Cross
Posted on: 14 November 2019
Closed date: 09 December 2019
Job ref: REQ0000027MZ
Tags: Admin, Vocational/Services