Emergency Response Officer
Location: Hillington (will involve travel around Scotland as required)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours per week: 35 (Normal working pattern Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm)
Salary: GBP 19,276 per annum
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Emergency Response Officer to join our team in Hillington where you will coordinate the Emergency Response Volunteers within the area.
You will deliver a wide range of activities within the area, including responding to major incidents, fires and floods. You will work as part of the emergency response team to further develop the British Red Cross emergency planning role, to engage with external organisations and support our volunteers to build local resilience to emergencies.
The post requires regular evening work, being part of a regular 24 hour duty officer on-call rota and potential emergency response duties at any time throughout the year.
- Full driving licence allowing to drive manual vehicle and access to vehicle
- Experience of delivering high quality services to the public
- Experience of creating and monitoring budgets and data
- Experience of developing or working in multi-sector partnerships at a tactical and/or operational level
- Experience of dealing with complex situations and tasks
- Strong IT proficiency; experience of using email, word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Ability to contribute to the development of operating plans
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to emergency response and planning
- An understanding of how to improve service quality
- The Ability to collate and interpret a range of management information including statistical information and user feedback
Closing date for applications is the 29th of July 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 8th of August.
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at or call us on 0300 004 0554 quoting reference REQ0000026CP.
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Flexible working policy
for further details on our staff benefits
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes. From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - we're there when you need us.
Diversity is something we celebrate and we want you to be able to be yourself at work, and feel you're in a great position to help us spread the power of kindness.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis