Location: Wales (with regular travel to various locations)
Hours: 7 hours, 1 day per week
Contract: 2-year Fixed Term Contract (ends by Dec 2021)
Salary: Band 5: GBP 36,695-GBP 39,655 per annum/pro rata
Could you provide psychosocial support to staff and volunteers of the British Red Cross in Wales?
This role is flexible within Wales, there will be regular travel to other locations and monthly travel to London so occasional overnight stays may be required.
About the team
Supporting vulnerable people in crisis is at the heart of what we do. However, this doesn't just apply to people out with our organisation. We want to make sure that our workforce is fully supported when it comes to emotional wellbeing, so our people feel they are in a great position to help others.
It's a complex and dynamic environment to work in and you will be joining at an exciting but challenging time with a large amount of organisational change underway.
You will be working closely with the Head of Psychosocial and operational colleagues to provide psychosocial support within an organisation that has at its heart a focus on supporting vulnerable people experiencing crisis.
- You will have a relevant qualification (e.g. Postgraduate Degree or other professional qualification) in a profession related to psychosocial support (e.g. Clinical Psychology, Psychiatry, Psychotherapy or Social Work).
- You will also have proven work experience following receiving the relevant professional qualification (e.g. in-service development in voluntary or statutory sector, either in U.K. or overseas)
- You have experience and professional expertise in trauma reactions, mental health issues and the management and negotiation of complex situations involving staff/volunteer welfare
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) pro rata
- Option to buy an extra 5 days leave (pro rata)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Flexible working policy
A little more about us
Diversity is something we celebrate and we want you to be able to bring your authentic-self to the Red Cross. We want you to feel that you are in an inclusive environment, and a great position to help us spread the power of kindness.
If driving is an essential requirement of the role, appropriate driver checks will be complete in line with current policy.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis