Our shops rely on our volunteers to keep them running successfully. A key role is that of our volunteer drivers. Our drivers support us by delivering and collecting items across their local area, to both customers and other shops.
We'll need to check your driving licence before you can start for things like penalty points and which vehicles you are allowed to drive.
If you have a few hours a week you can spare on a regular basis and enjoy being out and about, meeting new people, keeping active and want to help then please get in touch.
Health and Safety Statement
We take an individual approach to ensuring your safety.
We may ask you to complete a simple risk assessment. We will also have a conversation with you to discuss any restrictions that may still be in place in your region and identify any adjustments you may need.
|Retail volunteer driver|
Where you will be based
Why we want you
Our shops are the power of kindness in your community, creating a fantastic environment for people to shop and donate in. The items we stock are ever changing, and range from books and clothes, to furniture and much more!
We need people to help us in collecting and delivering donated goods to our customers and between shops.
What you will be doing
- Transporting donated stock in a British Red Cross vehicle
- Loading and unloading items.
- Planning routes.
- Delivering and collecting stock to shops and customer homes.
- Providing great customer service.
The skills you need
- A reasonable level of physical fitness.
- A valid full UK driving licence (ideally less than 6 points). and a minimum of two years driving experience
- A friendly smile and warm outlook.
- The ability to volunteer regularly at pre-arranged times/days.
What's in it for you
- An opportunity to be part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation.
- Use your existing skills or gain new ones.
- 20% off donated good purchased at your local shop.
- The knowledge that you are making a positive difference to people's lives.