Service Support Worker - Intermediate Care
Fixed Term until 31st March 2020
Full Time 35 Hours per week
Salary: GBP 15,200 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to provide support in the community within the intermediate care and complex health care services in Cwmbran!
You will provide a flexible need led care package that will support individuals aged 18 and above for a 'time limited' period within their own homes in order to either avoid inappropriate 'social' admission into hospital or to facilitate earlier discharge from hospital. This will include support provision to palliative care/end of life individuals.
The role will also involve you providing practical and emotional support to palliative care/end of life individuals and their families in their own homes.
The Cwmbran team provides intermediate, palliative and end of life care across the Torfaen communities.
Say hello to the team...
The Independent Living & Crisis Response Service (IL/CR) supports people in the space between hospital and home and responds to the needs of people in crisis following an emergency; maintaining an extensive network of external relationships across health, social care, and emergency services.
What we are looking for...
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent by experience
- NVQ/QCF Level 2/3 in Care or willingness to obtain qualification
- Experience of working with or providing personal care for dependent adults either at home or in a working environment
- Experience in writing reports and/or support plans
- The ability to manage own time and workload and respond to and prioritise a range of competing demands
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to work in a person-centred way
- A full driving licence with access to own vehicle
Due to ongoing service requirements, this requisition may close early or be extended indefinitely. If for any reasons you are unable to submit your application or require any reasonable adjustments with submitting your application, please contact recruitment team on 0300 004 0554 or
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) - pro-rata
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Flexible working policy
A little bit more about us...
Connecting human kindness with human crisis