EMPLOYER: British Red Cross
TITLE: Technical Team Assistant
LOCATION: UK Office, London
CONTRACT: Permanent (full time)
SALARY: GBP 23,584 (including Inner London Weighting)
The British Red Cross are looking for a Team Assistant to join the Technical Advisory (TA) team, based in our central London office. In this position, you will play a key role in the effective coordination and mobilisation of resources in UKO to support the delivery of technical strategic aims.
In this exciting role you will be reporting to the Technical Team Mangers for Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Health and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and working in British Red Cross' international directorate. The Technical Advisory Team is part of the wider Emergencies, Surge and Technical Advisory (ESTA) team in the busy International Directorate.
As Team Assistant, your duties will include:
- Arranging domestic and international meetings, including organising travel, accommodation and visas overseas and to the UK, as required.
- To arrange and compile information for meetings and provide accurate minutes of the same.
- To support recruitment, administration and management of staff, delegates, consultants and interns, including briefings, inductions and debriefings.
- To support the TA team in preparing for and organising the International Directorate weeks.
- To ensure the monitoring of the TA team travel and stationery budgets, including coding and processing relevant invoices/forms using Agresso, the BRC's financial management system.
- To ensure effective coordination of corporate and strategic reporting and to coordinate departmental contributions into the standard format as required.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the international humanitarian system. We're looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and a desire to learn about the technical areas covered by the TA team.
Further requirements include:
- Previous administrative experience
- Familiarity of budget preparation and general financial administration
- Experience of compiling and summarising materials for a variety of audiences, such as donor proposals and reports.
We are a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We enable vulnerable people at home and overseas to prepare for and respond to emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help people recover and move on with their lives
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
The view the full job description and apply online please click .
For further information about this role please contact:
Closing date for applications is 20th June 2019 at 23:58 (UK Time Zone).
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Internal applicants: Please note you will need to use your ID number as your username and your SAVI self service password as your password in order for the system to recognise you as an internal candidate.
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter and on , to hear about our latest job vacancies.
The Power of Kindness