We are seeking an experienced Welfare to Work advisor who had a track record of supporting unemployed people into sustainable employment. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills to provide in-work support and also build relationships with partners and employers.
You will be tasked to engage with the local Job Centre staff for referrals onto the Central London Works (CLW) programme as well as provide initial face-to-face engagement with clients at the Job Centre.
Employment Advisor Responsibilities:
- Enable clients to understand the local labour market and have access to local vacancies
- Ensure the career support covers all aspects of employability, including workshops, applications forms, interview, preparation and job search
- Successfully understand, implement and deliver to the programme specifications
- Effectively outreach, engage and recruit clients as well as maintain a network of relationships with interested stakeholders and referring agencies
- Be competent in updating and maintaining CRM data management systems both internal and external, ensuring client data is recorded, uploaded and filed correctly
- Responsible for keeping up to date and accurate records on all clients, including a high quality skills action plan, CV, Skills Analysis and SMART Goals
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, in particular employment law and welfare benefits.
Employment Advisor Requirements:
- It is imperative to have high quality administration skills and the ability to use data management systems to track client progress and update client outcomes.
- Educated to Information Advice and Guidance (IAG L3 or L4) Level 3 as standard
- Knowledge of supporting people with complex backgrounds
- Understanding of clients who are long term unemployed, have barriers to work and have health conditions from a variety of backgrounds and at different levels
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
- At least two years’ experience working in a highly targeted employment service and proven experience in offering SMART information advice and guidance
- Target driven with proven record of achieving KPI’s to timeline and compliance
- Proven experience of working with people with barriers to employment
- Proven experience of supporting people into sustained employment (13 & 26 weeks and beyond)
- Proven experience in supporting client’s with in-work support
- Proven experience in using data management systems for recording client information accurately
About Bromley by Bow Centre:
The Bromley by Bow Centre is a vibrant community charity in the heart of East London. It has a national and international reputation for its highly innovative approach which inspires and empowers local people to transform their lives. The Centre delivers an incredible range of projects based on a unique model that combines social entrepreneurship, the arts, learning, social support, horticulture and holistic and integrated health programmes.
The charity supports families, young people and adults of all ages to learn new skills, improve their health and wellbeing, find employment and develop the confidence needed to achieve things they could never have dreamed of.
Location: London, E3 3BT
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2020 (contract extension based on delivery)
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Benefits: 27 days plus 3 days Christmas Closure and 8 bank holidays, We don‘t expect you to work on your birthday! Pension Scheme
Closing date: 12th January 2020
You may have experience of the following: Employment Advisor, Employment Adviser Work Advisor, Recruitment, Sustainable Employment, Work Placements, Recruitment Coordinator, Employer Engagement, IAG, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, Welfare etc.