Active Together is a 12-week sport and physical activity programme for families in Tower Hamlets. It supports children and adults to participate in physical activity sessions together in local schools and community centres. Active Together is part of the Bromley by Bow Centre’s wider Sport and Physical Activity programme, funded by Sport England until 30th September 2021.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Act as the main point of contact for families attending the Active Together programme.
- Provide regular communication with families during and after the programme.
- In liaison with the Active Together Coordinator, produce personalised action plans for families and support them to achieve their plans.
- Provide families with information and opportunities to support their continued access to physical activity and sports locally.
- Undertake quarterly surveys with families as part of programme monitoring and evaluation.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Good understanding of the issues affecting families who live a sedentary lifestyle.
- Ability to relate to people from different backgrounds and with a range of support needs including people with mental health issues and long-term conditions.
- Understanding of the wider social determinants of health, poverty and discrimination issues that affect members of the local community.
- Experience of contributing to monitoring and reporting on services.
- Experience and understanding of working in a diverse setting.
About Bromley by Bow Centre:
The Bromley by Bow Centre is a vibrant community charity in the heart of East London. It has a national and international reputation for its highly innovative approach which inspires and empowers local people to transform their lives. The Centre delivers an incredible range of projects based on a unique model that combines social entrepreneurship, the arts, learning, social support, horticulture and holistic and integrated health programmes.
The charity supports families, young people and adults of all ages to learn new skills, improve their health and wellbeing, find employment and develop the confidence needed to achieve things they could never have dreamed of.
Location: London, E3 3BT
Job type: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract from December 2019 to end September 2021, 14 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 to £27,000 per annum (pro rata)
Benefits: Pro rata 27 days pa plus 3 days for Christmas plus bank
Closing date: 28th November 2019 - 5:00 pm
Interview date week commencing: 2nd December 2019
You may have experience of the following: Project Coordinator, Liaison Officer, Family Support Officer, Project Worker, Support Worker, Care Worker, Case Worker, Family Liaison Officer, Vulnerable, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc