- £10,239 for 15 hours per week (based on FTE of £25,598 for 37.5 hours)
- Fixed term contract for 14 months
- Based in London Borough of Lewisham
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind is a highly regarded, innovative local Charity working alongside people with mental health problems and dementia to improve their quality of life. With an annual turnover of more than £3m, over 150 staff and 200 volunteers, we are one of the largest charities in the Mind network.
We are thrilled to be starting up a new project which will focus purely on the provision of mental health services for the BAMER communities in Lewisham.
The Lewisham BAMER Peer Support Project has the following aims:
- engage with individuals who do not access secondary services
- empower individuals to accept and face their mental health problems
- build resilience, confidence and trust in the BAMER communities that we work with
- reduce stigma around mental health in BAMER communities in Lewisham
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to lead the delivery of this service. You should have experience of coordinating and facilitating groups, and of working with people with mental health issues. An interest in the mental health of the BAMER community would also be advantageous.
You will be developing, organising and facilitating a series of workshops, supported by peer support volunteers from all backgrounds, for people from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee communities with mental health problems in the London Borough of Lewisham.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service check
Staff benefits include a matched contribution pension scheme, 25 days' holiday (pro-rata, rising with service), quality supervision and training opportunities. See our website for more reasons to work for Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind.
Closing date: 9:00am on Monday 28th October 2019
Likely Interview date: Tuesday 12th November 2019
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.