- Sessional Dementia Support Workers
- £9.80 per hour
- Location: Orpington and surrounding areas (London Borough of Bromley)
Help people with dementia to live well in their homes and communities, in a rewarding job with a local charity, supporting local people. MindCare Dementia Support is looking for Dementia Support Workers to support people living with dementia across Bromley borough, with a particular need in Orpington and surrounding areas.
You will be required to work in people’s homes for sessions of 3-4 hours at a time. This may involve:
- engaging clients in activities to help them maintain everyday skills
- support with daily living activities
You will be spending quality time, building trusting relationships, providing one-to-one support to people with dementia and, in many cases, giving family carers a much needed break.
We provide a respite service 7 days a week from 8:00 am – 11:00 pm.
What We Need From You
The qualities we are looking for include:
- good communication skills
- ability to use initiative
You will have an interest, and perhaps some personal or work experience, in supporting older people. A full driving licence, use of a car and knowledge of the local areas are desirable.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- attend a 3-day induction
We Can Offer You
- Regular work depending on your availability
- Mileage costs and holiday pay
- A full induction and ongoing training and regular supervision
- High level of job satisfaction, working as part of a committed team.
Deadline for applications:
9:00am on Monday 30th March 2020
Likely interview dates:
Thursday 16th and Friday 17th April 2020
Please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification carefully and then email us your completed application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.