- £27,187 per year
- Full time
- Fixed term contract for 9.5 months with possibility of extension
- Based in Orpington
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind is a highly regarded, innovative local Charity working alongside people with mental health problems and dementia to improve their quality of life. With an annual turnover of more than £4m, over 150 staff and 250 volunteers, we are one of the largest charities in the Mind network.
Bromley Well helps people living in Bromley borough to improve and maintain their health and wellbeing. We are seeking a Mental Health Triage Advisor to support the processing of mental health referrals received through the Bromley Well Single Point of Access (SPA), and other external partners including the Primary Care Network, Bromley Healthcare and Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for people with experience of completing triage assessments for adults experiencing a range of mental health and social care problems. Applicants should have experience of managing a diverse caseload within a busy work environment, and possess effective skills in communication (verbal and written), with skills in planning, organising and prioritisation. An ability to work independently, to be proactive and show initiative is essential for this role.
The role will involve:
- Management of a client database and diverse caseload
- Coordination and facilitation of telephone and face-to-face appointments with clients to assess their needs
- Triaging of clients to appropriate support services to manage their mental health, either within Bromley Well, or through other local services by completing referrals, or providing information and signposting support
- Following risk assessment procedures (training will be provided)
- Engagement and communication with partner triage teams within Bromley Well, and other partners within primary and secondary care services to improve referral pathways into and out of the service
- Collaborative working with Bromley Well SPA Service, including attendance to regular team meetings and working one day per week at the Bromley Healthcare Hub
- Opportunities to support training and engagement with other teams and services about referrals into the Mental Health Pathway
We recognise the importance of having a diverse and inclusive work force, and would therefore particularly welcome applications from the following, currently under-represented, groups:
- People from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds
- People aged 16-25
- Disabled people
- People with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities
BLG Mind is committed to meeting the reasonable adjustments of disabled people.
BLG Mind always welcomes applications from people with lived experience of mental health problems.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service check
Due to current Government guidance regarding Covid-19, this role may temporarily be home-based, or worked remotely. The expectation is that when it is safe to return to our offices, the role will be office-based. Interviews are likely to be held online via Zoom.
Closing date: 9:00am on Wednesday 26th August 2020
Likely interview date: Friday 4th September 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.