Bromley Well is commissioned by the London Borough of Bromley and Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group to deliver services for local people to help them maintain both their physical and mental health, their independence, and also provide training and employment opportunities.
About the role
Through tailored person-centred support, you will assist people with learning disabilities (LD), physical disabilities (PD) and long-term health conditions (LTHCs) to address barriers to employment and education by providing advice, guidance and support to improve access to education, employment and volunteering whilst supporting retention of paid employment.
You will also support referrals of people with mental health issues, requiring retention support to an appropriate service.
Reporting to the Head of Education and Employment, here are some of the skills that will make you stand out:
- Experience of supported employment
- Knowledge of relevant disability and employment legislation
- Experience of planning, preparing, and delivering work preparation sessions to groups of people
- Confidence in public speaking and telephone skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with a diverse range of people, both internally and externally
How to apply
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date for applications: 12pm on Monday 23rd March 2021
Bromley Well and Bromley Mencap are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination.
We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.