Health Data Research UK is the national institute healthcare data science and is currently at the forefront of the national and international response to Covid-19. A not-for-profit entity, their work spans across multiple industries including healthcare, charities, academia and more. They work to develop advanced methodologies to enable the sharing of life-saving and integral healthcare data. From its inception in 2017, their work has gone from strength to strength and as such they are currently seeking a Financial Controller (newly created position) to join their central finance team as part of a further period of growth. This is truly an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic organisation at a time of growth and development.
Reporting in to the Finance Director, you will provide leadership of the day to day financial activities for the organisation. You will be responsible for all aspects of consolidating financial reporting including management reporting, financial statements, KPI analysis and key funder and grants reporting among other duties. Other duties include, though are not limited to the following:
- Deliver quarterly and annual budgeting process
- Oversight of monthly management accounts process
- Oversight of year-end annual accounts process, in partnership with the FD
- Established point of contact for audit and funder queries
- Oversight of AP / AR and Payroll processes
- Support in the development of financial systems and recommend and implement appropriate financial controls (currently out to tender)
- Main point of contact for relevant external financial queries
Please note that HDR UK is a high-growth entity, and as such an appreciation of working within a changing environment would be strongly beneficial.
You will be:
- CCAB qualified or equivalent with at least 3 years post-qualified experience within areas of financial reporting and control. Broader post-qualified experience will also be considered.
- ACA / CA qualification or accountancy practice training desirable though not mandatory
- Hands-on & proactive professional, able to interact with non-finance stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate HDR UK's core values
Please apply ASAP as applicants will be assessed upon application. Please note that due to a potential high-volume of applicants it may not be possible to contact every applicant.
All third party and direct applicants will be vetted by Holly Arrowsmith at Broster Buchanan. In the first instance, please apply with a CV via the link below.