retailTRUST is a national UK charity with a strong heritage, seeking to improve the lives of over 4.5 million people working in the retail industry and associated sectors. The organisation provides a safety net through financial assistance, aiding well being, supported living residential estates, and vocational programmes to help people develop their careers in the sector.
The organisation is embarking on an exciting capital venture to improve and expand the current property estate, cottageHOMES. As a result, a new Head of Property position has been created to work with the organisation to execute and deliver an innovative property strategy. A key leadership role and member of the Executive team, the successful applicant will provide a high level of expertise, advising the CEO and Board on all aspects of property management and development.
The role will be responsible for managing the multi-million pound property capital budget, initiating corrective measures where necessary and preparing reports by collecting, analysing and managing relevant data. Additionally, the role will manage the property maintenance function and develop effective working partnerships with the external ecosystem to ensure the highest standards of health and safety and sustainability across the estate.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level and accredited by RICS or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a multisite property and maintenance portfolio in the residential and/or care sector.
- Strong background in managing project managers, external suppliers/contractors, and working effectively with finance.
- Managing and controlling capex budgets, operating at a strategic level and delivering quality performance information with a continuous improvement mentality.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner whilst managing competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
This role is best suited to someone that will thrive in a fluid SME environment and is willing to travel across the cottageHOMES portfolio. The position will pay between £50,000 to £60,000 per annum and other benefits include 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme of up to 9% employer contributions, life assurance of four times salary and a health cash plan.
***This vacancy is being exclusively managed by Broster Buchanan in partnership with retailTRUST. For more information and the recruitment process please contact Owen Myers. All third-party applications will be forwarded to BB for consideration as part of the selection process***