A global international development organisation is seeking a qualified finance professional to join their central team as Programme Finance Manager for Financial Accounting on a long term fixed term contract (12 - 24 months). The role will develop and deliver on a comprehensive finance year end improvement strategy (to be delivered centrally and globally). Duties will include (though may not be limited to) the following:
- Develop and implement new KPI strategy in relation to year-end goals
- Develop and implement new financial processes and financial accounting controls and governance
- Develop and lead on a strategy to enhance staff capability (both finance and non-finance) to deliver on year-end
- Lead on review against performance metrics for implenentation financial accounting processes and controls
- Roadmap longer term programme and liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver regular reports on progress
You will be a qualified financial professional, who has a strong knowledge of financial accounting reporting, processes and controls. Given the nature of the technical requirements of the role, a background within accountancy practice and audit is strongly desirable. You will also have dealt with programme management elements of risk reporting, assessment and review, and roadmapping.
This role is a high profile position within a well-known global entity, as such you will be capable of business partnering with a range of stakeholders from junior to global board level.
The role is based in Surrey though can be undertaken remotely.