About Our Client
Well regarded national charity with a strong commitment diversity, equality and inclusion demonstrated by internal staff networks to support people achieve their full potential.
As Systems Accountant you will lead and support the team on management and maintenance of the financial systems, ensuring data integrity and system controls through efficient process design and management. Key areas of delivery will include:
- Acting as a subject matter expert for finance systems development projects, ensuring an efficient and supportable implementation, designing and guiding implementation of their requirements, including preparing documentation and training for Finance, Technology and other users.
- Development, monitoring and regular testing of core Finance systems and their service and disaster recovery procedures, including system recovery, liaising with technology colleagues and 3rd party vendors responding immediately or referring to senior management when risks are identified.
- Planning, managing, testing, releasing and implementing significant changes to the Finance Systems, making sure that effective change control is maintained, and records and documentation produced.
- Using your technical knowledge for resolution of all levels of complex/major incidents in line with ITIL Incident Management methodology ensure all internal SLA are met and documentation / records are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
You could be a part or fully qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA ) who has branched out into systems accounting or someone who has spent significant time of their systems work within the finance and accounting environment and will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Practical experience of supporting core financial accounting systems (Open Accounts).
- Previous experience of working and applying GDPR and cyber security principles.
- Working knowledge in the development of web or database finance applications with experience of the full development lifecycle.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload with competing timelines, cost and quality requirements.
- Experience of writing requirement specifications.
- Planned, written and executed software tests of application components for unit and system testing.
- Proven experience of analysing reporting requirements and producing deliverables (dashboards/reports TM1).
What's on Offer
- Salary of c£36,000 -40,000 depending upon experience on a 12 month fixed term contract basis
- 35 hour working week
- Annual leave of 29 days, plus public holidays
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- Annual staff awards
- Pension - 7% employer contribution pension scheme
- Employee discount portal
- Hybrid / Remote working with occasional trips to the South of England for meetings