Our Intensive support service is working to support clients with complex and multiple needs and part of a homless pathway,who have moved into their own property or those who could be at risk of becoming homeless again.You will be part of a team of community-based resettlement support workers who will work across the borough supporting clients with moving into independent living and setting up a home to successfully resettle from their homeless situation and to maintain their tenancy.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To hold a caseload of clients with complexed and multiple and who have been homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Support clients to build on living skills and to support them in claim benefits, budgeting skills.
- Support service users to successfully resettle from their homeless situation and to maintain their tenancy.
- Support service users to improve their physical and mental health.
- Support service users to engage with legitimate economic activity or to gain voluntary work experience.
- Set realistic, achievable individual plans with clients with appropriate supported steps towards their goals.
- Introduce clients to and support them to access appropriate services both within Browns Community Services and within existing provision elsewhere to unlock specific barriers to progression.
- Attending court and other appointments with clients, keeping links with clients if they go into prison.
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes.
- To monitor client progress on our Outcome Star database
- Maintain accurate service user records and files, preparing electronic and paper reports as required.
- Build strong networks with local organisations and represent Browns at meetings and events to promote the service.
- To support project manager in produce monthly and quarterly reports as and when required.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and be able to use own initiative.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.