37.5 hours per week
PO4 £39,880 to PO5 £44,863
.BTM is a Bradford based well established charity and company limited by guarantee. Over 30 years it has gained a national reputation for providing accessible information in a wide range of formats; working closely with disadvantaged and disabled people, supporting their challenge, inclusion, choice and skills development through our workgroups.
To be successful in this role, you should be thoughtful, values driven leader and a confident decision-maker, supporting our teams to develop and enhance their skills and be productive. You will have business experience and be able to evidence your work in building a business through social enterprise. You will ensure our charity stays buoyant and play a key role in developing its programmes of work in line with our values.
CHIEF OFFICER: BTM
BTM is a Bradford based well established charity and company limited by guarantee. Over the last 30 years it has gained a national reputation for providing accessible information in a wide range of formats for many disadvantaged communities, working closely with members of those communities. Our long standing and well respected CO, Sue Crowe, is retiring in the summer 2022 and the Management Committee wishes to appoint a successor to start in the spring/summer of 2022.
Responsibilities will include:
As the face of the charity seeking out developing and maintaining effective working arrangements with local and national organisations in line with strategy and goals for growth developed with the Management Committee.
Managing the organisation and staff team day to day to fulfil all these contracts and social enterprise work, ensuring the charity complies with all legal requirements and promotes our values which are rooted in the social model of disability.
Reporting regularly to the Management Committee on operations and financial performance
- Being the face of the charity and its principal ambassador
- Promoting our values which are rooted in the social model of disability
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of all our contracts and social enterprise work
- Supporting the Management Committee and acting as Company Secretary
- In consultation with the Management Committee designing strategy and setting goals for growth
- Controlling budgets and optimizing expenditure
- Liaising with the Finance Officer for reporting and banking
- Facilitating the implementation of our strategic objectives
- Seeking out, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with local and national organisations and individuals to promote the work of our charity
- Ensuring legal compliance in all aspects of the charities work
- Leading by example, instilling a culture of professionalism and inclusion, supported by coaching, training and development
- Ensuring employees are supported and efficient.
We are looking for a Chief Officer to oversee all staff, budgets and operations of the charity and company limited by guarantee BTM.
The CO’s responsibilities include working with the Management Committee and members to formulate overall strategy, managing people and implementing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful, values driven leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop, enhance their skills and be productive, while ensuring our charity stays buoyant and develops its programmes of work in line with our values.
Ultimately, you’ll actively support our charity and company to grow and thrive. You will maintain a comprehensive network of contacts and seek to work with the wider sector across our district both on disability and the wider accessible information needs market.
- Seek out and implement opportunities for innovation and ensure that BTM remains at the forefront of positive change in the delivery of accessible information and opportunities for disabled people
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies (with the Management Committee) and develop processes to ensure their implementation
- Ensure employees work efficiently, and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment, support and training of new employees
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of the charity’s agreed business plan
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Prepare regular reports for the voluntary Management Committee
- Ensure staff work in line with health and safety regulations and we are compliant with DBS and safeguarding
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. Conflicts, margin decline, competition.)
Proven and demonstrable skills as a CO or similar executive role
Proven and demonstrable skills in planning and budgeting
Good understanding of local networks and relationships between statutory and voluntary sector.
Proven and demonstrable skills in business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
Knowledge of charity compliance and working with the VCS
Strong analytical ability
Excellent communication skills
Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
That candidates chosen for interview visit BTM (or meet via zoom or equivalent) and talk with the current Chief Officer; Sue Crowe
Good working knowledge of the Social Model of Disability. Experience of working with people with lived experience.
BSc/BA or equivalent in business other relevant field.
Good working knowledge of the Social Model of Disability
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.